The Myth of Excellence
Why Great Companies Never Try to Be the Best at Everything
About the summary
Companies that try to be the best at everything — price, service, access, product or experience — will undoubtedly be surpassed by companies that focus their efforts on one attribute.
- The 3rd Alternative Stephen R. Covey
- The Way We’re Working Isn’t Working Jean Gomes, Catherine McCarthy, Ph.D., Tony Schwartz
- Great Business Teams Howard M. Guttman
- The Invisible Spotlight Craig Wasserman, Doug Katz
- The Future-Proof Workplace Morag Barrett, Linda D. Sharkey, Ph.D.
- The Seventh Level Amanda Slavin