The Eight Paradoxes of Great Leadership
Embracing the Conflicting Demands of Today's Workplace
About the Summary
The Eight Paradoxes of Great Leadership unpacks the fresh strategies and new mindset required of a next-generation leader today. Author Dr. Tim Elmore helps leaders of all kinds navigate increasingly complex, rapidly changing environments, as well as manage teams that bring a range of new demands and expectations to the workplace that haven’t been seen even one generation prior. This summary can equip leaders to inspire team members in a way a paycheck never could. Become a next-generation leader—rich in emotional and social intelligence and orchestrating outstanding collaborative results—by mastering the eight status quo-shattering paradoxes.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- Why today’s team members require different qualities than they did even in the recent past.
- The eight key paradoxes and strategies for how to practice them.
- Inspiring stories of historic and modern-day leaders who lived the eight paradoxes.
- The Starfish and the Spider Ori Brafman, Rod Beckstrom
- Wake Up and Smell the Coffee Simon Mac Rory
- Everyone Deserves a Great Manager Scott Miller, Victoria Roos Olsson, Todd Davis
- The Defining Moment Jonathan Alter
- Smart Trust Stephen M.R. Covey, Rebecca R. Merrill, Greg Link
- Drucker on Leadership William A. Cohen, Ph.D.