When People Are the Message
About the Summary
Marketing experts Ben McConnell and Jackie Huba explore the ramifications of social media in Citizen Marketers. As everyday people increasingly create content on behalf of companies, brands or products, they are collaborating with others just like themselves and forming ever-growing communities of enhusiasts and evangelists – getting the word out about what products they love or hate.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- What social media is and how it accelerates the spread of ideas.
- The four types of citizen marketers and what they have in common.
- Who 1 Percenters are and why they are important to marketing.
- How two of the most popular Web sites have democratized the tools of self-expression.
- The three C’s of working with citizen marketers.
- Get Different Mike Michalowicz
- Becoming a Category of One Joe Calloway
- Building Brandwidth Scott Miller, Sergio Zyman
- The Thank You Economy Gary Vaynerchuk
- Differentiate or Die Jack Trout
- Stand for Something Brian Burkhart