The Long-Distance Leader
Rules for Remarkable Remote Leadership
About the Summary
In The Long-Distance Leader, Kevin Eikenberry and Wayne Turmel use their "Three-O" Model to refocus leaders to think about outcomes, others and ourselves – elements of leadership that remain unchanged, whether employees are down the hall or halfway around the world. By pairing it with the Remote Leadership Model, which emphasizes using technology as a tool and not a distraction, leaders can navigate the terrain of managing teams wherever they are.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- Why leading remotely requires you to lead differently.
- How the Three-O Model and the Remote Leadership Model work together.
- To choose the best tool for long-distance communication.
- To practice servant leadership while also taking care of yourself.
- The three key questions for developing long-distance leaders.
- The Long-Distance Teammate Kevin Eikenberry, Wayne Turmel
- From Bud to Boss Kevin Eikenberry, Guy Harris
- Negotiating the Impossible Deepak Malhotra
- The Brain Advantage Brad Kolar, Madeleine L. Van Hecke, Lisa P. Callahan, Ken A. Paller
- Practically Radical William Taylor
- Leading from the Middle Scott Mautz