Shtick to Business
What the Masters of Comedy Can Teach You About Breaking Rules, Being Fearless, and Building a Serious Career
About the Summary
Shtick to Business is an in-depth guide to what comedy can teach us about entrepreneurship, leadership, and success. McGraw draws on cutting-edge research and his own successes and failures in comedy to reveal surprising lessons that can transform your approach to business and life. If you’re looking to improve your innovation abilities, outsmart competitors and get to the goal line first, make smarter decisions in your everyday life, and market your skills and products more effective, you’ll find insights to help you get there in this book.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- What massively successful comedians understand about career management.
- Why Dave Chappelle and Joan Rivers are a blueprint for brand building.
- What comedians and humor can teach you about leadership and teamwork.
- How the rituals of successful comics make them wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.
- A Whole New Mind Daniel H. Pink
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There Marshall Goldsmith
- The Mid-Career Tune-Up Rosemary T. Salmon, William A. Salmon
- Break Your Own Rules Kathryn Heath, Jill Flynn, Mary Davis Holt
- Red Cape Rescue Darcy Eikenberg
- Anomaly Zack Miller