Break Your Own Rules
How to Change the Patterns of Thinking That Block Women’s Paths to Power
About the Summary
Women hold just 11 percent of the most senior-level leadership positions in U.S. Corporations—a number that hasn’t changed in over 30 years. How can women break through? Break Your Own Rules distills the six faulty assumptions (or “rules”) most women follow that get in the way and then delivers the correlating new rules that promise to clear that path. Authors Jill Flynn, Kathryn Heath and Mary Davis Holt have coached and trained more than 5,000 women and helped them earn high-powered corporate positions.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- 6 behaviors that keep even the most achievement-oriented women from reaching their highest potential.
- Six new doable practices that can move you where you want to go.
- Why so few women run organizations today and what every woman can do Monday morning to change that.
- How women everywhere can start to revolutionize their workplaces, their homes and their communities.
- Authentic Confidence Ben Fauske
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There Marshall Goldsmith
- The 4-Hour Workweek Timothy Ferriss
- Anomaly Zack Miller
- Shtick to Business Peter McGraw
- Bounce Matthew Syed