A Whole New Mind
Moving from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age
About the summary
Bestselling author Daniel H. Pink offers a fresh look at what it takes for individuals and organizations to move from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age in A Whole New Mind. He also reveals the six essential aptitudes — Design, Story, Symphony, Empathy, Play, and Meaning — on which professional success and personal fulfillment now depend. A Whole New Mind includes a series of tools, tips and hands-on exercises drawn from international experts that help readers sharpen their abilities, expand their minds, and enrich their lives.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
• Why a seismic — though as yet undetected — shift is now under way in much of the advanced world.
• Differences between the left and right hemispheres of our brains.
• Why three huge social and economic forces — abundance, Asia and automation — are nudging us into the Conceptual Age.
• Why people who master high concept and high touch are setting the tempo of modern life.
• How six essential aptitudes can help you make your way across the emerging landscape.