The Heart of Change
Real-Life Stories of How People Change Their Organizations
About the Summary
While most companies believe change happens by making people think differently, that isn’t the case. Instead, according to John Kotter and Dan Cohen, change happens when you make people feel differently. You have to appeal more to the heart than the mind. The authors offer a new dynamic – the “see-feel-change” dynamic that fuels action by showing people potent reasons for change that spark their emotions. Built around the eight steps of change first introduced in Kotter’s bestseller, Leading Change, The Heart of Change gives straight advice on successful change – and true stories of companies making change happen.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- Why people succeed and why they fail at large scale-change and how you can use an eight-step path to success.
- Why you must raise feelings of urgency so that people start telling each other “we must do something.”
- How to get the right group of people with the right vision to start the change process.
- How to send clear messages about change and remove barriers to those changes.
- Why creating an early win is important and why you have to keep momentum up.
- How to change your organization’s culture so that change will stick.