Truth and Lies about Why We Buy
About the summary
How much do we know about what we buy? What truly influences our decisions in today’s message-cluttered world? In Buyology, Martin Lindstrom presents the astonishing findings from his groundbreaking neuromarketing study that peered inside the brains of two thousand volunteers as they encountered various ads, logos, commercials, brands and products. His startling results shatter much of what we have long believed about what seduces our interest and drives us to buy.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- The breakthrough technology that maps the inner workings of the brain and how it can benefit both marketers and consumers.
- The unanticipated effect that disclaimers and health warnings actually have on behavior, as well as the scope and impact of subliminal advertising.
- How our buying behavior is affected by the world’s major religions.
- If and how product placement really works.
- Whether or not sex in advertising actually works (hint: the answer is not what you might think).