You, Me, We
Why We All Need a Friend at Work (and How to Show Up As One!)
About the Summary
In today’s age of Zoom calls and hybrid workplaces, how can leaders foster relationships that allow everyone to succeed? A trio of best friends and leadership consultants at SkyeTeam have the surprising answer: workplace success starts by being a friend. Meet the Ally Mindset, a model for proactive, thoughtful work relationships. As you heal adversarial relationships and strengthen weaker ties, you’ll find that when you have best friends at work―colleagues who have your back―you thrive. Through personal stories, science-backed insights, and valuable lessons from clients authors Morag Barrett, Eric Spencer, Ruby Vesely use You, Me, We: Why We All Need a Friend at Work (and How to Show Up As One!) to explore the five key parts of the Ally Mindset and demonstrate how to apply them to your relationships.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- The importance of establishing close relationships at work.
- How to adopt the Ally Mindset so that you can be a more effective leader, improve your long-term career results, boost employee engagement, strengthen your relationships, and benefit your own health and that of others around you.
- A systematic approach for how you can most effectively show up at work.
- How to take back control of your work, to speak your truth, and to be seen, heard, and valued.
- The tools you need to nurture your work relationships with intentionality.