The Person You Mean to Be
How Good People Fight Bias
About the summary
In The Person You Mean to Be, social psychologist and professor Dolly Chugh reveals the surprising causes of inequality, grounded in the “psychology of good people.” Employing her research findings in unconscious bias and work across several disciplines, she offers practical tools to guide us on how and when to engage (and not engage) in our workplaces, homes, and communities. She leads us from willful ignorance to willful awareness. Ultimately, Dolly guides us closer to becoming the person we mean to be.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- To identify and manage self-threat.
- To use a growth mindset to fight bias.
- To understand how privilege creates systemic headwinds and tailwinds.
- The difference between diversity and inclusion.
- To show meaningful support to those who lack privilege.