The Business Playbook
How to Document and Delegate What You Do So Your Company Can Grow Beyond You
About the Summary
You’ve probably learned the hard way that when you’re the only one who knows what you know about the business, you can’t get other people up and running quickly. All of that knowledge is so much a part of you that you take it for granted – right up until the time the roof falls in because you can’t be reached. No matter who ultimately takes on that day-to-day, building a playbook gets you thinking about how to successfully onboard your people so they understand what they need to know and when they need to know it. At the same time, you’ll be shaping a culture that values process and efficiency, as well as gaining in all the other ways you’ll learn about. The Business Playbook is a guide for the what, who, how, when, and why of building your company’s playbook and making it stick.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- How to document your business in a way that leads to repeatable, effective processes.
- How to create a playbook that will serve as the ultimate guide for future success.
- How to create sustainable business practices that will grow alongside your organization.
- Follow This Path Curt Coffman, Gabriel Gonzalez-Molina
- How the Future Works Brian Elliott, Sheela Subramanian, Helen Kupp
- First Among Equals David H. Maister, Patrick J. McKenna
- Competitive Advantage Tracy King
- Taking People with You David Novak
- Reimagining Collaboration Phil Simon