Leading with GRIT
Inspiring Action and Accountability with Generosity, Respect, Integrity, and Truth
About the Summary
We’ve all worked at places we dreaded going to every day: jobs where we didn’t feel valued, trusted, or heard; places devoid of trust, effective communication, and true motivation. When experiencing these feelings, most of us will gossip rather than communicate openly, blame others rather than examine our own behavior, make assumptions rather than ask for clarification. These behaviors are at the root of a toxic workplace. In Leading with GRIT, Laurie Sudbrink walks readers through the GRIT® system, designed to enhance communication, improve productivity, and maximize overall organizational health for any organization, large or small.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- Why the principles of GRIT have been proven effective.
- How to apply GRIT in communication for better productivity.
- How each person in an organization affects those around them in unexpected ways.
- How to cultivate a positive, constructive attitude for less stress and more growth.
- How Great Leaders Think Terrence Deal, Lee Bolman
- Leaders Make the Future Bob Johansen
- The Power of a Graceful Leader Alexsys Thompson
- Leadership and Self-Deception The Arbinger Institute
- Hearts Touched with Fire David Gergen
- Management Mess to Leadership Success Scott Jeffrey Miller