Ordinary People, Extraordinary Products
About the Summary
What is it about the top tech product companies such as Amazon, Apple, Google, Netflix, and Tesla that enables their record of consistent innovation? The real advantage is not so much who they hire but, rather, how they enable their people to work together to solve hard problems and create extraordinary products. The goal of this book is to provide you, as a leader, with everything you’ll need to create just such an environment. Empowered puts decades of lessons learned from the best leaders of the top technology companies in your hand as a guide. It shows you how to become the leader your team and company need to not only survive but thrive.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- The difference between “feature” teams and empowered product teams.
- Why coaching is essential to innovating at scale – and how to do it.
- To redefine the relationship of product teams to the rest of the company.
- To transform your organization into empowered product teams.
- Unplugged Steve Buchholz, Tom Roth
- The Intelligent Leader John Mattone
- VisuaLeadership Todd Cherches
- The Regenerative Business Carol Sanford
- Vision to Results Jim Fischetti
- Unlearn Barry O’Reilly