Why - and How - Corporations Must Blow Up Best Practices (and Bring a Beginner's Mind) to Survive
About the Summary
Detonate explains how organizations build up bad habits, identifies which ones masquerade as “best practices,” and suggests alternatives that can contribute to winning in the marketplace. With a focus on optimism and empowerment, Geoff Tuff and Steven Goldbach present an approach and mindset to successfully compete in an era characterized by profound technological advances and uncertainty.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- How “best practices” create a vicious cycle of organizational behavior.
- Seven conventional playbooks to target for demolition.
- Four key principles that underlie new, better practices.
- How leaders can accelerate progress by asking better questions.
- Provoke Steven Goldbach, Geoff Tuff
- Speed Joseph R. Folkman, John H. Zenger
- Into the Unknown Jack Uldrich
- The Necessary Revolution Bryan Smith, Nina Kruschwitz, Peter Senge, Joe Laur, Sara Schley
- Who’s in the Room? Bob Frisch
- The Ride of a Lifetime Robert Iger