How Leaders Shape the Future by Overcoming Fatal Human Flaws
About the Summary
There’s a new and effective method for seizing opportunity in the face of uncertainty. In Provoke, renowned strategy consultants and best-selling authors Geoff Tuff and Steven Goldbach insightfully explore how people act tentatively in the context of uncertainty, and the authors provide the tools we need to do things differently. Perfect for leaders or aspiring leaders in all walks of life where uncertainty abounds – which is to say, almost everywhere – Provoke will become your go-to guide to overcoming the natural human instincts that keep us frozen in place and prevent us from seizing our opportunities.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- To overcome cognitive biases that distort leadership decision-making in the face of uncertainty.
- To recognize the phase change when uncertainty moves from a question of “if” to a matter of “when.”
- Five models of provocation that leaders can use to anticipate, drive, and execute phase change to create a desired future.
- Detonate Steven Goldbach, Geoff Tuff
- The Airbnb Way Joseph Michelli
- Vision to Results Jim Fischetti
- Leadership and the Art of Struggle Steven Snyder
- Managing Up Mary Abbajay
- Into the Unknown Jack Uldrich