Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Surviving and Thriving in a World of Digital Giants
About the Summary
Which kinds of companies will thrive, and which will get crushed by the powerful forces in the global business landscape now at work? Drawing on original research and case studies from author R “Ray” Wang’s acclaimed firm, Constellation Research, Everybody Wants to Rule the World reveals how extreme consolidation is changing the global business landscape and how data-driven digital networks have driven the most successful companies. Ultimately, this book will help you understand how the business world is changing in the face of extreme competition. Most important, you will learn how to adapt now to stay relevant and in demand.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- How the rise of duopolies happened and where they are headed.
- The five pillars of growth and change that will allow you to compete against digital duopolies.
- To partner with others to create your own data-driven digital network.
- Key policy actions to balance the benefits and harms of digital giants.
- Death by Meeting Patrick Lencioni
- The Granularity of Growth Patrick Viguerie, Mehrdad Baghai, Sven Smit
- How Digital Is Your Business? David J. Morrison, Adrian J. Slywotzky
- Extreme Toyota Hirotaka Takeuchi, Emi Osono, Norihiko Shimizu
- The Business Playbook Chris Ronzio
- Proactive Risk Management Preston G. Smith, Guy M. Merritt