The Ideal Team Player
How to Recognize and Cultivate the Three Essential Virtues
About the Summary
In The Ideal Team Player, Lencioni tells the story of Jeff Shanley, a leader desperate to save his uncle’s company by restoring its cultural commitment to teamwork. Jeff must crack the code on the virtues that real team players possess, and then build a culture of hiring and development around those virtues. Beyond the fable, Lencioni presents a practical framework and actionable tools for identifying, hiring and developing ideal team players. Whether you’re a leader trying to create a culture around teamwork, a staffing professional looking to hire real team players or a team player wanting to improve yourself, this book will prove to be as useful as it is compelling.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- Stories of how leaders discover and embrace the three virtues of the ideal team player.
- The distinct features of the three virtues and how to recognize them.
- How people behave when they possess only one or two of the virtues.
- Principles and tips for hiring, assessing, and developing people according to the three virtues.
- Tips for embedding the virtues in your organization.
- Getting Naked Patrick Lencioni
- The Advantage Patrick Lencioni
- Silos, Politics and Turf Wars Patrick Lencioni
- The Motive Patrick Lencioni
- Death by Meeting Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team Patrick Lencioni