Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars
A Leadership Fable About Destroying the Barriers That Turn Colleagues Into Competitors
About the summary
In Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars, bestselling author and acclaimed management expert Patrick Lencioni presents a dynamic leadership fable that reveals how organizations can overcome the “silos” that divide work units and paralyze performance. Lencioni also offers solutions to a key leadership issue — the impact of turf wars and political infighting on organizational effectiveness. Written in the form of a realistic but fictional story, this summary tackles a tough business issue in both an entertaining and instructive way.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- How to recognize the signs of the devastating power of silos.
- Why it is necessary to take steps to begin knocking down the walls that divide departments.
- How to determine an organization’s defining objectives.
- Why it is important to measure and monitor your organization’s performance against pre-determined objectives.
- How to create a rallying cry or an over-arching thematic goal.