The Leader’s Guide to Unconscious Bias
How to Reframe Bias, Cultivate Connection, and Create High-Performing Teams
About the Summary
Bias is the result of mental shortcuts, our likes and dislikes, and is a natural part of the human condition. According to the experts at FranklinCovey, your workplace can achieve its highest performance rate once you start to overcome your biases and allow your employees to be whole people. By recognizing bias, emphasizing empathy and curiosity, and making true understanding a priority in the workplace, you can unlock the potential of every person you encounter.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- The types of unconscious bias and how to start overcoming them.
- How to use the Bias Progress Model.
- How to find the courage to cope with bias and be an ally to others.
- How to apply self-awareness, openness, and growth to the Talent Lifecycle.
- The Strategist Cynthia Montgomery
- Stop Selling Vanilla Ice Cream Steve Van Remortel
- Generating Buy-In Mark S. Walton
- The YOU of Leadership Twan van de Kerkhof
- Collaboration Morten T. Hansen
- How Great Leaders Think Terrence Deal, Lee Bolman