Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
The Imperative of Teams
About the Summary
Simon Mac Rory, a specialist in team development who for more than twenty years has worked with senior staff leaders to help them discover how to have a truly high-performing team, wrote Wake Up and Smell the Coffee for team members, team leaders, and organizations. It puts the imperative of teams in context; discusses the characteristics, strengths, and challenges of the basic team types; and teaches leaders and team members alike how to have effective teams.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- What teams are and why they are crucial to business success.
- Why “giggers” and Gen Y make teams even more important.
- The four basic team types and their strengths and weaknesses.
- The twelve criteria for team effectiveness.
- How to Be Exceptional Barbara A. Steel, Joseph R. Folkman, Robert H. Sherwin, Jr., John H. Zenger
- The Blueprint Douglas Conant, Amy Federman
- Amplify Your Influence René Rodriguez
- Leadership 2030 Georg Vielmetter, Yvonne Sell
- The Age of Turbulence Alan Greenspan
- The New Leader’s 100-Day Action Plan Jayme A. Check, Jorge E. Pedraza, George B. Bradt