Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
The Imperative of Teams
About the summary
Simon Mac Rory, a specialist in team development who for more than twenty years has worked with senior staff leaders to help them discover how to have a truly high-performing team, wrote Wake Up and Smell the Coffee for team members, team leaders, and organizations. It puts the imperative of teams in context; discusses the characteristics, strengths, and challenges of the basic team types; and teaches leaders and team members alike how to have effective teams.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- What teams are and why they are crucial to business success.
- Why “giggers” and Gen Y make teams even more important.
- The four basic team types and their strengths and weaknesses.
- The twelve criteria for team effectiveness.
- Strategic Doing Nancy Franklin, Janyce Fadden, Elizabeth Nilsen, Edward Morrison, Scott Hutcheson
- The Leader’s Guide to Unconscious Bias Mark Murphy, Anne Chow, Pamela Fuller
- Leadership Gold John C. Maxwell
- The Art and Discipline of Strategic Leadership Mike Freedman
- Beyond Belief John Grinnell
- The Synergist Les McKeown