The New Psychology of Success
About the Summary
World-renowned Stanford University psychologist Carol Dweck, in decades of research on achievement and success, has discovered a truly profound idea – the power of our mindset. In Mindset, Dweck explains why it’s not just our abilities and talent that bring us success, but whether we approach them with a fixed or growth mindset. She makes clear why praising intelligence and ability doesn’t foster self-esteem and lead to accomplishment, but may actually jeopardize success.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- Why brains and talent don’t bring success.
- How brains and talent can stand in the way of success.
- Why praising brains and talent doesn’t foster self-esteem.
- How teaching a simple idea about the brain raises productivity.
- How a change of mind is always possible
- Grace Under Pressure Lisa Wentz
- Success with People Cavett Robert
- Goals! Brian Tracy
- How Will You Measure Your Life Karen Dillon, Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth
- The Art of War Sun Tzu
- Words that Work Dr. Frank I. Luntz