Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
About the Summary
If you feel stuck — in a relationship, in your career, at home — chances are a crucial conversation is keeping you there. The summary of this New York Times bestseller will help you handle crucial conversations — conversations that occur when the stakes are high, emotions run strong, and opinions vary. With crucial conversations skills, you’ll be able to: prepare for high-stakes situations with a proven technique; transform anger and hurt feelings into powerful dialogue; make it safe to talk about almost anything; be persuasive, not abrasive; improve nearly every professional and personal relationship; and yield major professional improvements in areas like productivity, quality, safety, diversity, and change management.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- How to prepare for high-stakes situations with a proven technique.
- How to transform anger and hurt feelings into powerful dialogue.
- How to make it safe to talk about almost anything.
- How to be persuasive, not abrasive.
- How new techniques, skills and tools work together to enable successful crucial conversations.