Consultants & Advisers
A Best Practice Guide to Choosing, Using and Getting Good Value
About the Summary
In Consultants & Advisers, independent consultant Harold Lewis presents an accessible resource for individuals, businesses and organizations on how to get the best value from the consultants they hire. Throughout, Lewis answers many common questions about getting outside help, and illustrates his advice with examples of both good and bad practices. He also provides a thorough examination of everything involved, from picking consultants to writing contracts to solving problems. This summary guides readers through the process of choosing and using consultants so they can secure the help they need and the results they intend.
In This Summary, You Will Learn:
- The profile of the consultancy and professional services business sector.
- How consultants work and how they charge for their services.
- Steps to take to ensure you select the right consultant.
- Advice about contracting and negotiating with consultants.
- Methods to ensure consultant work stays on track and on budget.