The Entrepreneur's Guide to Navigating Uncertainty, Avoiding Disaster, and Building a Successful Business
About the summary
Building a business based on innovation is a perilous endeavor, and failures big and small are always around the corner. In Anticipate Failure, Lak Ananth – CEO of global venture capital firm Next47 – describes the most common patterns of failure in innovation. He analyzes organizational failures, helping readers to understand root causes, and provides insights and coaching that will enable readers not just to avoid failure but to anticipate and work through it in order to achieve success. Based on interviews with some of today’s most successful founders and executives, Anticipate Failure also contains riveting stories of high-profile failures in innovation. Read it, and then put the lessons you learn to work in your own business.
In This Summary You’ll Learn:
- Why first movers and great ideas don’t always win.
- The seven most common patterns of failure and how to avoid them.
- Fascinating stories of companies that failed and others that succeeded by anticipating, avoiding, or working through failure.
- The Lean Startup Eric Ries
- Life Profitability Adii Pienaar
- Shoe Dog Phil Knight
- The Nuclear Effect Scott Oldford
- Eat People Andy Kessler
- Levers Trevor Boehm, Amos Schwartzfarb