What If I’m Wrong?
and Other Key Questions for Decisive School Leadership
About the Summary
Principals and administrators, by definition, are in the business of making difficult decisions based on a wide range of questions, demands, information, and often competing priorities. Even a minor mistake can lead to negative effects on staff, faculty, and most devastatingly, students. What If I’m Wrong? shows that, by focusing on a small group of key questions, principals and administrators can find a clear path through the many complex challenges they face to become better leaders that oversee more effective schools. By helping leaders overcome their snap judgements and think more carefully about outcomes, avoid groupthink, and stop unthoughtfully following convention, this book is an effective resource to help principals and administrators benefit from the latest research in cognitive science and organizational theory.
- Five Practices for Equity-Focused School Leadership Sharon I. Radd, Gretchen Givens Generett, Mark Anthony Gooden, George Theoharis
- The Learning Leader Douglas B. Reeves
- Qualities of Effective Principals Xianxuan Xu, James H. Stronge
- So Each May Soar Carol Ann Tomlinson
- Stop Leading, Start Building Robyn R. Jackson
- The Power of Voice in Schools Kristine Fox, Deborah Young, Russ Quaglia, Lisa Lande