How do you get people to see things your way? Whether you’re trying to secure a promotion, make a sale or rally support for a new idea, the ability to persuade those around you is absolutely essential to success.
Merging research and real-world application, Persuasion Equation is an insightful guide that reveals what really drives decisions, and introduces readers to the persuasion equation –– a powerful combination of factors proven to speed agreement.
Readers will discover the surprising reasons that people say “yes” and learn how to radiate an aura of expertise; win trust and leverage credibility; build a business case that appeals to both heart and mind; adapt for personality differences; understand technology challenges and persuasion tactics; use language strategically; perfect the five-step persuasion process; generate group buy-in; and be sensitive to the crucial psychology of self-persuasion.
From crafting compelling emails, to convincing a colleague, to nailing the big presentation, Persuasion Equation is your personal recipe for success.
IN THIS SUMMARY, YOU WILL LEARN:
• The three persuasion precepts and how to set your persuasion priorities.
• Key heuristics and biases that influence your decision making.
• To build a convincing business case via quantitative and qualitative reasoning.
• To build credibility and use verbal and nonverbal “power language.”
• Why positive self-talk is key to your persuasive efforts.
Not a Soundview Executive Book Summaries subscriber? Then click on the title to purchase and download it right now to begin learning these critical business skills.