In this summary of The Invisible Spotlight, you will learn:
- Why the management role does not come naturally.
- How instincts and reflexes alone can be as self-defeating as they are useful.
- How management requires practice, discipline and self-reflection.
- How managers are architects of the relationships they form with their employees.
- How people don't change when they're comfortable; they change when they're uncomfortable.
- Why no paint-by-numbers approach to managing will protect managers from missteps.